There is a busy time ahead and much for employers to be getting their heads around in the coming months. Aside from Brexit concerns and what this will mean for businesses in the medium to long term there are also many changes that employers will need to gear up for. Below is a checklist of the key changes for employment specialists, all linked to more detailed and useful notes on each one.
Checklist of the key changes
- Apprenticeships - the levy, the definition and targets
- Immigration Act 2016 – Skills Charge for sponsoring employers
- Gender Pay Gap Reporting Regulations - an informed overview of key requirements and key terms.
- Statutory figures increase - the minimum wage and statutory limits
- The Trade Union (Facility Time Publication Requirements) Regulations 2017
- IR35 reform – public sector