Emplaw Monthly free subscriber Privacy Notice
What data we hold
We hold the following information about you:
- Your personal name and the contact information
You would have provided this data to us when you signed up to get our newsletter. If you are an individual at a business, we hold this data under legitimate interest; you signed up for the newsletter so we believe that you are interested in our services.
If you are a non Business to Business free subscriber then we process your data under consent only.
We hold your data for as long as you are a subscriber and for 6 years afterwards, unless you ask us to delete it.
Details of the technical personal data that we process if you use our website
- We generate log files from various servers when you visit our website: this will include an IP address assigned to you or, more likely, to someone who provides you with Internet access.
- Our website, like many others, uses Google Analytics, a web analytics tool provided by Google, to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. Google can provide more details about their cookies.
Using your information
Managing our relationship with you
We will use your data to manage our relationship with you, to let you know about the goods and services we provide that we think may interest you, and to send you marketing materials such as our Emplaw Monthly update.
When we contact you using these details, we will always abide by the PECR (The privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/what-are-pecr/) which means we will only phone you if you are not on a suppression list. If you are a corporation then we will use your email to advise you of our events that you may be interested in. (You can opt out of these at any time, either by clicking the link in the email or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org]). If you are a sole proprietor or partner, then we will only email you for marketing purposes if we have your explicit consent to do so
Dealing with your enquiry
If you give us a ring or make contact by email, we will follow up on your enquiry and see if there is a way in which we can help you. We keep a record of enquiries received, so that we know what we have said to whom. It is also legitimate for us to keep track of what we said to you, so we can understand further business need and plan our strategy accordingly.
If you visit our website then we use the logs from our servers to assist in our firm's security, as well as to determine visitor behaviour and help us plan our strategy (e.g. such as working out which pages on the site are most popular, or whether particular events have caused an increase in traffic).
The basis for processing this is that we have obligations to protect our subscribers and visitors and their information. When used for strategy planning, we do this under legitimate interest.
Transfers of your data
We only transfer data outside of the EEA if it is to a country or organisation that is deemed by the EU to have adequate protection of data. For example, our email marketing management provider is based the US and is signed up to the Privacy Shield-https://www.privacyshield.gov/list or operated under Binding Corporate Rules and hence are deemed adequate
We do have a small number of companies providing services to us and we have confirmed that they all adhere to the GDPR.
Technical and operational security
As an organisation, Constantia Associates is committed to protecting personal data. This includes technical security measures (e.g. intrusion, detection, firewalls, monitoring), encryption of personal data, restricted access to personal data, protection of our physical premises and hard assets, maintaining security measures for our team members (e.g. pre-screening), a data-loss prevention strategy and regular testing of our security posture.
As a free subscriber you have rights in respect of our processing of your personal data. The relevant rights are:
- Request a copy of your personal data and information about our processing of it
- Request that we delete information on you, if we do not need to hold it
- Request that we correct any personal data that we hold on you
- Request that we stop processing your data (for example if you wish to no longer receive our regular update Emplaw Monthly), although we can still hold it if we have a lawful basis to do so
- Request that we move your data to another organisation’s IT system electronically
- Withdraw consent at any time if this is applicable
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please just contact us on email@example.com.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing with a supervisory authority — in the UK that is the ICO whose details are here: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/postal-addresses/
If you want to talk to us about this, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.