Just Browsing the Emplaw Website Privacy Notice
Details of the technical personal data that we process if you use our website
- We generate log files from various servers when you visit our website: this will include an IP address assigned to you or, more likely, to someone who provides you with Internet access.
- Our website, like many others, uses Google Analytics, a web analytics tool provided by Google, to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. Google can provide more details about their cookies.
Using your information
If you visit our website then we use the logs from our servers to assist in our firm's security, as well as to determine visitor behaviour and help us plan our strategy (e.g. such as working out which pages on the site are most popular, or whether particular events have caused an increase in traffic).
The basis for processing this is that we have to protect our subscribers and visitors and their information. When used for strategy planning, we do this under legitimate interest.
Transfers of your data
We only transfer data outside of the EEA if it is to a country or organisation that is deemed by the EU to have adequate protection of data. For example, our email marketing management provider is based the US and is signed up to the Privacy Shield. https://www.privacyshield.gov/list or operated under Binding Corporate Rules and hence are deemed adequate Third parties
We do have a small number of companies providing services to us and we have confirmed that they all adhere to the GDPR.
Technical and operational security
As an organisation, Constantia Associates is committed to protecting personal data. This includes technical security measures (e.g. intrusion, detection, firewalls, monitoring), encryption of personal data, restricted access to personal data, protection of our physical premises and hard assets, maintaining security measures for our team members (e.g. pre-screening), a data-loss prevention strategy and regular testing of our security posture.
As someone browsing our site you have rights in respect of our processing of your personal data. The relevant rights are:
- Request a copy of your personal data and information about our processing of it
- Request that we delete information on you, if we do not need to hold it
- Request that we correct any personal data that we hold on you
- Request that we stop processing your data, although we can still hold it if we have a lawful basis to do so
- Request that we move your data to another organisation’s IT system electronically
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please just contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing with a supervisory authority — in the UK that is the ICO whose details are here: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/postal-addresses/
If you want to talk to us about this, please email us on email@example.com