Ante Natal Appointments
- An employee who is pregnant and "has, on the advice of a registered medical practitioner, registered midwife or registered health visitor, made an appointment to attend at any place" for ante-natal care is generally entitled "not to be unreasonably refused" time off during her working hours to keep the appointments: Sections 55 and 57ZA ERA
- The right to attend ante natal appointments has been extended to agency workers
- No qualifying period of employment is required.
- From 1 October 2014 qualifying fathers and partners have had the right to accompany pregnant partners to appointments
- Dismissal for requesting time off will be automatically unfair