- There are a number of reasons for having a Disciplinary Procedure in place.
- There are risks attached to getting disciplinary proceedings wrong.
- Acas has published a Code of Practice on running disciplinary proceedings.
- Having a contractual Disciplinary Procedure can cause difficulties in unusual circumstances.
- Informal resolution should be considered before formal proceedings.
- Formal Disciplinary Proceedings should usually comply with the Acas Code of Practice, and include certain components.