Equality Act 2010 & Discrimination / equal pay and terms: key card
- An implied sex equality clause relating to pay is in worker contracts.
- Occupational pension schemes also have implied sex equality rules.
- If a claimant cannot rely on those terms a sex discrimination ground may be available to them.
- Whilst on maternity leave access to pay and benefits increases is protected.
- Equal pay audits can be ordered when a respondent loses a case to ensure that future practice changes.
- Gender pay gap reporting shows the differences in the average pay between men and women expressed as a percentage.