- The right to request flexible working is now available to all employees with 26 weeks of service.
- It was previously only available to parents of children under the age of 17 (or 18 for disabled children) and certain carers.
- Employers have a duty to consider all requests in a “reasonable manner”.
- An ACAS Code of Practice sets minimum standards that employers have to meet when considering a request.
- The old rules apply in respect of a request made on or before 29th June 2014.
- In February 2018, the Armed Forces (Flexible Working) Bill received Royal Assent