- The right to request flexible working is now available to all employees with 26 weeks of service.
- It was previously only available to parents of children under the age of 17 (or 18 for disabled children) and certain carers.
- Employers have a duty to consider all requests in a “reasonable manner”.
- An ACAS Code of Practice sets minimum standards that employers have to meet when considering a request.
- The old rules apply in respect of a request made on or before 29th June 2014.
- In February 2018, the Armed Forces (Flexible Working) Bill received Royal Assent
- Brexit effect - unless otherwise stated, the position in relation to any EU legislation and decisions as set out in this card is as it was understood at the end of the transition period on 31st December 2020. For information on the status of EU decisions and legislation as of 31st December 2020 please see Statement on impact of Brexit on Emplaw Online content