- Guarantee Payments may be payable if an employee is laid off.
- Employees must satisfy qualifying criteria for Guarantee Payments.
- The employer must be contractually entitled to lay off employees.
- Part time workers and fixed term workers can be entitled to Guarantee Payments.
- The amount of a Guarantee Payment will be offset against payments made by the employer.
- Refusing alternative work can affect entitlement.
- Partial workless day will not benefit from a Guarantee Payment.
- An employee must keep their services available to their employer to claim a Guarantee Payment.
- Time off for strike is excluded.
- Some employees under collective agreements have opted out of receiving a Guarantee Payment.
- Laid off employees may be entitled to a Statutory Redundancy Payment.
- Employers have a defence to a claim for Statutory Redundancy Payment by laid off employees.