NMW - Low Pay Commission
- The Low Pay Commission is an independent body which advises the government about the national minimum wage.
- Its function is to monitor and evaluate the impact of the minimum wage and to make recommendations, if appropriate, for changes to the rates.
- It was given formal statutory status by National Minimum Wage Act 1998 s.8.
- The Low Pay Commission has offices at 6th Floor, Victoria House, Southampton Row, London WC1B 4AD
- It produces regular reports which it makes available on GOV.UK