Right to Work
- There is no statutory entitlement to be provided with work.
- Any entitlement to be provided with work will be subject to the employee’s express and implied terms and conditions of employment.
- A right to provide work may arise for skilled workers.
- The right to work should be considered when placing an employee on Gardening Leave and Suspension.
- Injunctions may be used to stop an employer putting an employee on Garden Leave/Suspension.
- Springboard Injunctions to protect an employer’s confidential information may infringe on an employee’s right to work.
- Human Rights Considerations.